Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux


I hadnt planned on having a cigar today, but i was looking around in my humidor and saw this cigar that i got from my friend Andy.I couldnt resist, this cigar was just calling to me. I havent had this one before so i didnt really know what to expect. This cigar measures in at 6.1 inches by 42 ring gauge. The construction is perfect, with a pefectly applied Cuban triple cap.

This is a really elegant size in my opinion, and one that definitely gets overlooked. Im not even going to go into that much detail about this cigar other than to say it is excellent. This is a very complex medium bodied cigar with a nice woody characteristic with a very nice sweet taste. This isnt your typical cedary wood taste, this is something different that i cannot put my finger on. I am not quite sure how old this cigar is, but from how even and delicate the flavor is, im willing to say it has at least 3-4years on it. This is one of those cigars that will really benefit from this kind of aging. Once i get to the point where i can start aging boxes (when i have the money and storage space) this is one i will definitely get and hold onto for a while.

No comments: